BoundForum Problems/Solutions/Ideas

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
d3vious_g3nius
Strict Strappado

Re: What's happened with polls?

Unread post by d3vious_g3nius »

gaggedutopia wrote:
One other thing that happened was a deep clean of posts. Any post that was hidden or in a dead forum (Caption Contest) or from polls didn't transfer. Post counts were recalculated based on this so everyone probably lost up to 5% of the post count.

d3vious_g3nius
Strict Strappado

Re: Category name changes.

Unread post by d3vious_g3nius »

I asked a question regarding MY "status" as I was downgraded!!! But as I suspected the quota's were changed/raised.

This was steph's observation:
Forever Mummified: 1000 posts
Strict Strappado: 500-999 posts
Tightly Hogtied: 100-499 posts
Chair Bound: 50-99 posts
Unfettered Newbie: 0-49 posts
But it seems the status "Hopelessly Suspended" is now before "Forever mummified" and would now read as such:

Forever mummified ????
Hopelessly Suspended: 1000 - ???? posts
Strict Strappado: 500-999 posts
Tightly Hogtied: 100-499 posts
Chair Bound: 50-99 posts
Unfettered Newbie: 0-49 posts

Looking through, each member I saw that was listed as "Forever mummified" had over 2000 post's! I don't know if that's the case or not but hey, a bit of mystery makes it interesting ;) - d_g

MsBehavin
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: Category name changes.

Unread post by MsBehavin »

You seem to be correct in that I have just hit 1000 posts and am now "Hopelessly Suspending"... at least that's how I like to read it ;)

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Re: What's happened with polls?

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

LockedInALocker wrote:I tried looking for some polls that I could recognize as such, but didn't find any - although that may simply be because I didn't look long enough.
The old forum is still active (for the time being) and can be viewed here: http://webwiz.boundforum.com/forum. If there are posts you are looking for you can find them there. I would do it sooner than later because the link may only work for a couple more weeks or months. It's on an old server and I won't be keeping it going forever.
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

RGbargy
Tightly Hogtied

Re: BoundForum Problems/Solutions/Ideas

Unread post by RGbargy »

Although I love the new site there is one small thing I miss. When you return there is the "new post" option but sometimes my browser crashes or there is a double click and I lose the recent posts because there are no posts since my (second) return. There used to be an option to view posts over last: 2, 12, 24 hrs etc. Any chance you can resurect it?

R G Bargy
Are you free to participate in bondage

MsBehavin
Hopelessly Suspended

Try clicking "Active Topics" that works for me.

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

RGbargy wrote:There used to be an option to view posts over last: 2, 12, 24 hrs etc. Any chance you can resurect it?
That was a feature of the old forum, so no it won't be coming back. You can always use the browser history to get the posts back. It's Ctrl-H in most browsers.

SBadiction
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by SBadiction »

I like the new site but again one small thing. The users profiles aren't as user friendly and no longer give details of gender. I like to know who I'm chatting to if necessary. There are a lot of cross-dressers on here who use female names (nothing wrong with that) but it would be nice to know. Fetlife has a whole list of gender and orientation options so it's easy to see who you might be interested in chatting to.
Steve
Happily married (but always ready to flirt) wife not into anything kinky so it's self bondage when I can.

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Genders would require custom code into the forum. While I agree to a point that if you're only looking for female conversations it is handy... however...

I've setup test accounts on the old forum and was sort of surprised by the PMs that it received just because I listed female. Unfortunately there are a lot of guys who think that if you publicly list you're female it is open season.

SBadiction
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by SBadiction »

Thanks for the response GU. Point taken, I guess there are those out there just on the prowl.
Happily married (but always ready to flirt) wife not into anything kinky so it's self bondage when I can.

BlueEyes
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by BlueEyes »

How do I recover my profile :) It's there, I friended myself, but for some reason the email address wont work help please !!

Blue

pleasewrap
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by pleasewrap »

If you're looking to get an ID that was active on the old forum reactivated, drop a PM to GU for help. You should include both the user name and the e-mail address that you want to use to recover your password with that. GU can get things fixed that way.

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

pleasewrap wrote:If you're looking to get an ID that was active on the old forum reactivated, drop a PM to GU for help. You should include both the user name and the e-mail address that you want to use to recover your password with that. GU can get things fixed that way.
Make sure you have followed the instructions in this post to the letter first however.
http://www.boundforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=98682

BlueEyes
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by BlueEyes »

This would all be great and wonderful and with all due respect. It won't accept my email address, it says it's unknown, so I can't very well ask for a password reset :) So again, I am old and stupid and am asking how do I get into my account with is still here but wont let me access it.

Blue

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

How to restore avatar?

Unread post by LockedInALocker »

Hullo.

I have a simple question, and would appreciate it if anyone can please suggest what I should do about it.
     When the forum moved to its new location and software, I lost my avatar, I presume similarly to how everyone did. I've tried restoring it once or twice, but it won't work. Instead, I get this message:

--------------------
The submitted avatar is 62 pixels wide and 96 pixels high. Avatars must be at least 100 pixels wide and 100 pixels high, but no larger than 100 pixels wide and 100 pixels high.
--------------------

"Must be at least 100 x 100, but no larger" is a slightly roundabout way of saying it must be exactly 100 x 100. Which it is not - and I have no idea how to make it so.
     Can anyone please suggest how I could get around this? It may be obvious to most, and may sound a silly question - but I just don't know anything at all about graphics handling, and probably don't have the required software to make my avatar picture right, anyway.
     Thank you.

Regards, Michael.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

Do like I did...
Open the picture in Windows Paint...
Use the mouse to adjust the size of the picture to 100x100...
Or, (in paint)
Image...
... Attributes...
...... Enter 100 for the width and height...
Make sure Units is in Pixels...

Both of these methods will crop or add to the picture...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

MsBehavin
Hopelessly Suspended

Michael,
Stephanie_cd sorted all this out for you some time ago... he even gave you options...

http://boundforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=85960#p763688

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

MsBehavin wrote:Michael,
Stephanie_cd sorted all this out for you some time ago... he even gave you options...

http://boundforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=85960#p763688
     Oh... okay - thanks. I'd forgotten about that.
     Looking back, it seems what I was asking about then was the fact that the image had been squashed up-and-down, and whether it could be remedied. It was also on the old forum, where my current problem didn't seem to be an issue (that is, failing to upload because it's not exactly 100 x 100 in size). So, unless those images Stephanie posted are exactly 100 x 100, I may still have to solve that problem.
     Anyway, thanks for the reminder. I'll look into that, although later when I'm on a Windows computer. (I'm on a Macintosh at the moment, so it doesn't have the software DarkLizerd suggested I try.)

Regards, Michael.

MsBehavin
Hopelessly Suspended

LockedInALocker wrote:So, unless those images Stephanie posted are exactly 100 x 100, I may still have to solve that problem.
     Anyway, thanks for the reminder. I'll look into that, although later when I'm on a Windows computer. (I'm on a Macintosh at the moment, so it doesn't have the software DarkLizerd suggested I try.)

Regards, Michael.
They are ALL 100 x 100, that is why I drew your attention to the post.

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

MsBehavin wrote:They are ALL 100 x 100, that is why I drew your attention to the post.
     Oh - I see now. I think I misunderstood things a bit, although it would be boring and laborious to explain exactly how.
     Anyway, thanks - I've just put in one of the pictures now, and it was accepted.

Regards, Michael.