Searching for a longer spreader bar.

Don't feel like searching for the answer, check here first!
SpyGuy5506
Unfettered Newbie

Searching for a longer spreader bar.

Unread post by SpyGuy5506 »

My wife really enjoys using the spreader bar, but recently told me that she wants a new one. Our’s is about 21 inches or about 53cm. It also has rings that we link the cuffs to, which allows some wiggle room.

She doesn’t want wiggle room, and she wants a longer bar. The longest bar I’ve found that doesn’t allow movement is this one:

https://www.lovehoney.com/product.cfm?p=25619

Do any of you have any ideas for others?

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Re: Searching for a longer spreader bar.

Unread post by Petrajane »

I've got a steel/chrome bar that actually came off a photographic item, really it's used to support lights for close up work, but at 24" long plus the cuffs and clips (not quite carabiners) it works well and spreads the legs beautifully. When combined with a tight mini skirt, I look great! :lol:
bar.jpg

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Petrajane »

Further thinking took me to LikeRa's site where he has a video of someone using a length of plastic pipe as a bar. Giving it more thought I wonder if you could get a length of this, it's rigid and comes in 3M lengths I think. A pair of end caps, some pipe cement and a couple of snap hooks.

Cut a slot in each end cap, sufficient for the snap hooks to fit in with a bolt or other fastening to keep them from coming out. Then glue the caps in place, possibly you'd need to drill and screw them in to make sure your wife can't pull the caps out. Obviously, cut the pipe to the length you want giving her no wiggle room as she claims she wants.

Then use the snap hooks to fasten the ankle cuffs to the pipe.

Leopard99
Chair Bound

Unread post by Leopard99 »

Length of wooden dowel or even broomstick and a couple of screw eyes. Easy.

Getting minimum wriggle room is harder. Depends on how your cuffs can be attached to the eyes. Small padlocks will give a tight binding than carabiners or snap hooks.